Mr Vago will then be joined by Kyriakos Anastassiadis – chief executive officer, Celestyal Cruises; Stuart Leven – managing director, UK & Ireland, Royal Caribbean International, Michael Thamm – chief executive officer, Costa Group and Richard Vogel president, Grupo Pullmantur, for the newly formatted opening conference session entitled “The way ahead for cruising in the Med”.
The session will cover the following topics:
- As the Med maintains its strong position as the world’s second cruise destination (after the Caribbean), what is driving deployment decisions for the region?
- The fluctuating balance between East and West Med itinerary offerings: the prospects for 2017 and beyond
- The Med led the way in year-round cruising. Ten years on, what is the score card for this concept?
- The continuing appeal of the Med to European and US consumers: can more be done to attract new cruisers from the emerging markets of Asia?
- The cruise industry’s engagement with port communities in the Med
- With a record order book, what are the new ship designs for the Med fleet?
The future of the Mediterranean as a top cruise destination continues to look very healthy, with the number of Europeans choosing a cruise holiday reaching a new record in 2015 of almost 6.6 million passengers. This further cements the economic importance of cruise to the Mediterranean and will follow the success of the previous event in 2014.
Contact – Nina Marston, Marketing Manager for Seatrade Cruise Events at UBM EMEA. Tel +44 1206 201522 or email [email protected]
For more information please log on to www.seatrade-cruisemed.com
Notes to the editors:
About Seatrade Cruise Med
Previously known as the Seatrade Med Cruise Convention, the newly formed Seatrade Cruise Med event is the Mediterranean’s premier cruise industry event. The 2016 edition will take place in Santa Cruz, Tenerife from 21-23 September 2016 at the International Trade Fair and Congress Centre in Santa Cruz, Tenerife, and it hosted by the Port Authority of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The event comprises of an exhibition, conference, networking and travel agent training and is fully supported by MedCruise and CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association).
Seatrade Cruise Med forms part of the series of global Seatrade events, websites and publications that covers every aspect of the cruise and maritime industries, bringing together key people to encourage innovation and to produce powerful learning, networking and promotional platforms. Founded in 1970, the Seatrade brand is part of the events portfolio for the world's second largest media and event organiser, UBM.
For full details about this event, visit www.seatrade-cruisemed.com