Seatrade Cruise News is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Two COVID-19 cases on Royal Caribbean's Bahamas-based cruise ship

CRUISE_Adventure_of_the_Seas_Nassau.jpg
Adventure of the Seas just began sailing from new homeport Nassau on June 12
Two youngsters on Adventure of the Seas were found positive for COVID-19 during routine testing that is required before returning home.

Both are under 16 and unvaccinated. They were immediately quarantined. One is asymptomatic, and the other is experiencing mild symptoms. 

Traveling party and close contacts, all vaccinated, test negative

Those in their immediate travel party are vaccinated and tested negative. 

Royal Caribbean International said close contacts were quickly identified and tested. All are vaccinated and tested negative. 

Disembarked at Freeport

The two passengers and their traveling party disembarked today in Freeport and are on their way home to Florida.

According to Royal Caribbean, 92% of the passengers on Adventure of the Seas are fully vaccinated and the remaining 8% are under 16. All of the crew are fully vaccinated.

Royal Caribbean's policy for its Bahamas cruises requires passengers 16 and older to be fully vaccinated. The age will drop to 12 and older starting Aug. 1.

Nassau homeporting began June 12

The line just started service from Nassau Cruise Port on June 12. Ports on the itinerary are Perfect Day at CocoCay, Freeport on Grand Bahama Island and Cozumel, Mexico.

Hide comments
account-default-image

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish