The oldest covered storage facility in the Black Sea port, it was built in 1903 by French engineers from Société de Construction des Batignolles and is located close to the Maritime Station Burgas.
The building’s metal construction resembles the same used to build the Eiffel Tower. After renovation, the area of almost 4,000sq mtr will be transformed into a Maritime Cultural Centre with entertainment and educational facilities as well as serving as a passenger terminal.
Built alongside a 310mtr long berth with 7.3mtr depth it will be capable of handling most of the cruise ships sailing in the region. On completion Port of Burgas will be able to welcome two passenger ships simultaneously.
In conjunction with the existing cruise facility, Maritime Station Burgas, the second terminal will create an area of 7,000 sq mtr dedicated to passenger ship activities and enable the Port of Burgas to speed up handling processes and offer a better quality service to cruise traffic.
Last year Burgas welcomed 42,000 cruise visitors.