This results from testing by the Japan Ministry of Health.
Additional cases 'not unexpected'
‘Since it is early in the quarantine period of 14 days, it was not unexpected that additional cases would be reported involving individuals who were exposed prior to the start of the quarantine,’ Princess said in a statement Monday.
The newly confirmed people are from Australia (four), Canada (one), England (one), Japan (45), Philippines (three), Ukraine (one) and US (11).
The cruise line said it is following guidance from the Japan Ministry of Health on disembarkation protocols to provide medical care ashore for these new cases.
The Ministry has been the lead public health authority defining the testing protocols for everyone aboard.
Quarantine still set to end Feb. 19
Diamond Princess has been in quarantine since arriving in Yokohama on Feb. 3 after a man on the prior voyage was diagnosed at a Hong Kong hospital.
Today Princess confirmed the quarantine end date remains at Feb. 19, as previously announced by the Japan Ministry of Health, unless there are any unforeseen developments. Fourteen days is the standard incubation period recognized by the World Health Organization and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Diamond Princess was carrying 2,666 passengers and 1,045 crew from a range of nationalities when it arrived at Yokohama Feb. 3. About half the passengers are from Japan.
See earlier story for additional reporting about the situation on board.