More than 5,000 attendees forecast
The interactive conference and networking experience, expected to draw more than 5,000 cruise professionals, kicks off with the State of the Global Cruise Industry Keynote where senior leaders representing the world’s four largest cruise companies take a virtual stage together for the first time in 2020.
The four-day virtual forum features expert speakers, a virtual show floor, suppliers introducing exciting innovations across all sectors of cruising and opportunities for networking and discussion to overcome industry challenges.
‘It’s a pivotal moment for the cruise industry, and we’re excited to give our partners the opportunity to come together through a combination of live and on-demand educational and networking opportunities,’ said Chiara Giorgi, global brand and event director for Seatrade Cruise.
State of the Industry stars
Highlights of the four-day event include a keynote panel sponsored by MedCruise and presented in partnership with Cruise Lines International Association, featuring Frank Del Rio, president and CEO, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings; Arnold Donald, president and CEO, Carnival Corp. & plc; Richard Fain, chairman and CEO, Royal Caribbean Group; and Pierfrancesco Vago, executive chairman, MSC Cruises.
Moderated by Seatrade Cruise News Editor Anne Kalosh, the panel will discuss challenges and share insights and solutions to shape a new era of cruising.
‘The health and safety of passengers, crew members and the communities we visit is the cruise industry’s top priority, and it is through this critical filter that we continue to make decisions related to the resumption of operations,’ said Kelly Craighead, president and CEO of CLIA.
‘On behalf of our members and partners, we look forward to connecting with the greater cruise community at Seatrade Cruise Virtual as we focus on the future of this vital industry and work together to once again demonstrate why cruising is the best way to experience the world.’
Conference highlights include:
• Cruising in a COVID-19 World: Cruise lines, ports/destinations and suppliers share adaptations to ensure safe and successful resumption of sailing for passengers and crew.
• Health, Safety & Security: Insight into practices being implemented to ensure safety and security at all stages of the new cruise journey.
• The Passenger Experience: Gaining passenger trust and ensuring optimal safety before stepping on board, and how experiences will influence the next generation of travelers.
• Regional Operations Updates: Ports, destinations and shore excursions providers from around the world provide updates on protocols to ensure safety while continuing to create unique experiences.
• Spotlight on Sustainability: The importance of maintaining natural resources while sustaining passenger growth.
Hosting more than 300 exhibitors from all sectors, Seatrade Cruise Virtual’s interactive show floor offers attendees an opportunity to connect with new and familiar faces through virtual booths, online meeting rooms, speed networking and AI-powered matchmaking for optimal productivity. Debuting this year, the Innovation Zone explores cutting-edge products and services inspired by emerging trends and themes.
As part of the Seatrade Cruise Virtual schedule, all registrants are invited to attend the 14th Annual Seatrade Cruise Awards ceremony on October 6. The shortlist of nominees, selected from record number of entries, is now live and winners will be announced during a virtual ceremony.