– We are well aware that access to samples is very important for manufacturers and design crews when deciding which way to go in a Cruise Ship project, says Ingemar Forsberg, CEO at Metalcolour. Lead times are mostly very short and therefore well-established routines for quickly sending product samples to partners are standard procedure at Metalcolour.
– We also have many visitors to our digital design samples webpage, which is further proof of how important this is and that we are on the right track. A cruise ship project often means that 150,000-300,000 square meters of material is needed on surfaces where our DOBEL® products can be applied. The type of design that is in demand varies over time and this is one of Metalcolour's biggest challenges.
– A close collaboration with both customers and suppliers is crucial for us to be able to offer what the market demands, says Ingemar. The marine industry is Metalcolour’s main market, but they have for some years now also increased their focus on the construction and train industry to broaden their market.
– Our experience is that the approach with quick access to product samples is successful in those markets too. We are getting a good response and have been supplying materials for some time now that have been used for, among other things, security doors, interior fittings in elevators and in railway cars.
Largest cruise ship ever
At Meyer Turku in Finland, the largest cruise ship in the world by gross tonnage, is under construction. Royal Caribbean International’s new cruise ship Icon of the Seas will have a length of 365 meters, carry up to 7,600 passengers and will be delivered next year. Metalcolour has delivered 350,000 square meters of DOBEL® products used for wall panels, ceilings, doors and wet units.
– To add some perspective, the total area of our DOBEL® products delivered for Icon of the Seas corresponds to 51 soccer fields. We find that quite a thrilling thought, says Ingemar.
Our customers’ success is also our success
Ingemar emphasizes that Metalcolour's main focus is delivering high-quality products. Being a flexible business partner and assisting with innovative solutions that increase value for the customer, is also a key to success. With the products in the DOBEL® series comes a quality and service guarantee that Metalcolour is alone to offer in the market.
– Our DOBEL® products are well known in the industry for the high quality and we are often praised for our flexibility as a supplier. Over the years, we have also developed innovative solutions that have been beneficial both for our customer and for the end result. It is appreciated and helps us to create long-term business relationships” concludes Ingemar.
Do you want to find out more?
At metalcolour.com you will find more information about Metalcolour, our products and how we can help you. Please contact one of Metalcolour’s sales representatives, you will find their contact info at metalcolour.com
Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.
|Add Seatrade Cruise News to your Google News feed.