The good news is that air purification systems are one investment that can help meet both objectives, promising high return on investment, reduced fuel costs and significantly lower CO2 emissions.
Air purification for cruise ships
VIKAND’s Air Purification solution, supported by Pyure Dynamic Protection technology, has been proven to lower cruise ship emissions and energy consumption. Through higher air recirculation and less air exchanges, it reduces a ship’s Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) load, which typically accounts for a significant portion of a vessel’s energy consumption.
In fact, the system can reduce energy consumption up to 3% for cruise ships. Aside from the direct savings on fuel consumed by the ship, reduced cycling of the HVAC plant will extend maintenance intervals, decrease the vessel’s carbon footprint and decrease cylinder head temperatures/pressures, which reduces the formation of combustion byproducts (such as NOx/SOx) and increases the vessel’s overall efficiency.
Air purification is one of the least expensive and most efficient ways to save significant energy on a ship, whilst promoting measurable environmental goals.
Air purifiers also ensure that air and surfaces remain free from pathogens and contaminants through continuous cleaning. VIKAND’s system proactively eliminates viruses, bacteria, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), allergens and more.
The benefits of air purification
- Saves energy and reduces carbon emissions through higher recirculation and cleaner HVAC systems.
- Helps to meet their sustainability and ESG goals, whilst enhancing guests and crew welfare onboard.
- Minimises indoor air pollution and promotes good health onboard.
- Eliminates up to 99.9999% of viruses, bacteria, mould, odour, and fumes in less than 20 minutes in the air, and under 60 minutes on surfaces.
- Generates a fast return on investment and huge savings potential on energy/fuel costs, whilst reducing CO2 emissions.
Less power, fewer emissions
Air purification continuously relieves the HVAC system of having to draw in hot and humid outside air. It also reduces air resistance, so air handlers don’t have to work as hard to push air through the HVAC system. This lowers energy consumption, costs and carbon emissions. Aside from the direct savings on fuel, air purification can also extend maintenance intervals for the HVAC system.
Cruise ship operators who wish to save money, improve onboard health and reduce their environmental impact can contact VIKAND for a tailored air purification solution.
Visit vikand.com/pyure-dynamic-protection to learn more.