Seatrade Cruise News is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Barcelona shares 2023 results and update on Adossat Pier

PHOTO: MEDCRUISE / BARCELONA PORT AUTHORITY Barcelona-2023-financial-results.jpg
Plans are ongoing for the transfer of all cruise terminals away from the city center
Barcelona racked up more than 3m cruise passengers in 2023 and hundreds of cruise calls.  

In a briefing on last year’s cruise traffic and financial results, it was revealed by Barcelona Port Authority that the city received 3.57m cruise passengers over 803 calls. 

Some 1.9m passengers, 53%, resulted from embarkations and disembarkations. The remaining 47% were in transit.

Adossat Pier plans

Describing the port's forward strategy, APB Chairman Lluis Salvadó noted ongoing plans for the eventual transfer of all cruise terminals away from the city center to the Adossat Pier. Five terminals are already operational there, a sixth – to be operated by MSC Cruises – is planned. Negotiations are underway for the seventh and last terminal.


Operating revenue totaled 189m with cash flow of 101m. Total bank debt was reduced by 18m, to 124m.